Green Screen


This past week I got myself a green screen. As usual, I tested it out with my always reliable model Charlie. An underwater and moon background seemed most appropriate. This weekend I also used it for a job I'm doing for the Academy of Dance in Biddeford. The kids were really excited about the idea of transplanting themselves into unusual spaces, and I didn't have to worry about changing backdrops for different costumes.

I tried a couple of different photoshop tutorials online, but the one I found to be most seamless for swapping color in and out was Select>Color Range>Refine Mask and then change the hue/saturation. Here's a link to the youtube tutorial that helped me out the most. If you check it out, you'll also see how amazingly easy CS5 makes it to get around hair.

Comments

  1. I love the underwater and moon shots - that pose with the added look of serenity on his face fit so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment