A Handful of Greatness on W 56th Street

This weekend Trev and I journeyed down to NYC to celebrate my brother's graduation from Columbia's SIPA school. After listening to Kofi Annan speak and meeting a bunch of my brother's classmates we headed out to celebrate.

We sat down for dinner at Pêche, and as I looked across the room I was overjoyed to see the painting below by Miguel Calderon.

If you've ever seen The Royal Tenenbaums, you may recognize it from the scene in Eli's apartment. I even asked our waitress if this was the exact painting from the movie, and she confirmed.



This unexpected run in was only part of a wonderful dinner though. The company was great and we ate some unbelievably delectable food. I finally got around to trying oysters for the first time too, and I loved every second of them.

If ever you are in midtown looking for a place to go for a special treat, go to Pêche. Hands down, one of the best meals of my life. Even the music selection was amazingly perfect! Loved it!

Comments